PRENATAL BREASTFEEDING EDUCATION
Making the decision to breastfeed comes with many benefits to both you and your baby! It can be beneficial to begin learning about breastfeeding during your pregnancy so that you will be prepared with confidence and knowledge once your little one is here.
I offer a private in-home Breastfeeding Preparation Session which includes:
- Providing you with information about the anatomy and physiology of breastfeeding/chestfeeding
- Demonstrating various positions you can use to feed your baby
- Sharing information on how to know if baby is getting enough milk
- Discussing the best ways to establish/maintain your milk supply
- Encouraging you to ask any questions you may have to ensure you are left feeling prepared to begin breastfeeding your little one(s)!
POSTPARTUM BREASTFEEDING SUPPORT
Once breastfeeding/chestfeeding starts, there may be times when you need a little support as it is a learning experience and each child is different. If you find yourself in need of any one-on-one meetings after breastfeeding has begun, postpartum support is also available. During this meeting I will be able to:
- Conduct a comprehensive assessment which includes observing a feeding to provide detailed feedback.
- Answer any questions you may have related to latching, establishing/maintaining milk supply, how to determine if baby is getting enough, etc.
- Develop an evidence based care plan specific to the needs identified through your assessment to help you meet your personal breastfeeding goals.
- Provide education related to pumping and supplementation if needed.