Having the support of a postpartum doula can be helpful and I would love to fulfill this role for your family. I would be available to answer any questions you may have about newborn care and services also include:
- Emotional support and guidance
- Breastfeeding/bottle feeding support
- Newborn care support including diapering, soothing techniques, first bath, sleep solutions, baby-wearing
- Food preparation and light meals
- Grocery shopping
- Light housekeeping (laundry, dishes, etc)
- Accompaniment to appointments, support groups, etc.
- Referrals as needed
Sleep deprivation can sometimes occur when caring for a newborn and overnight services are available as well. I will be in your home to care for baby as you get much needed rest and will only wake you as requested (e.g. if you are breastfeeding and your baby needs to be nursed).
My goal as your postpartum doula is to alleviate some of the stress that can come during this transitional time while leaving you and your loved ones feeling confident and knowledgeable about caring for your baby.